Safety and Equality
Ellis Guilford School takes all reasonable measures to safeguard your child in and outside of school. If you have a concern regarding the safety of a child please call 0115 9131338 and ask to speak to a member of the safeguarding team. If you are concerned the child is at risk of immediate harm then you should call the police immediately.
Ellis Guilford treats all students equally and encourages a positive attitude in and outside of school. Ellis Guilford does not allow social circumstances, ethnicity, gender or ability to restrict a student to their entitlement of the best possible education we can offer.
Compliance with the Equality Act 2010
Ellis Guilford School is committed to the fair treatment of all individuals. In accordance with the Equality Act 2010, we are committed to making sure that no individual experiences less favourable treatment, discrimination or harassment because of their age; disability; gender identity; marital and familial status; pregnancy and maternity status; race; religion or belief; and sexual orientation.
We actively aim to eliminate discrimination, to advance equality of opportunity and to foster good relations in all that we do.
Ellis Guilford School always encourages our students to be safe in and outside of school. This is supported in the following ways:
• Staff in hi-visual vests posted outside of school at the start and end of the day
• Staff in hi-Visual vests positioned around the school site during all student breaks
• Assemblies reminding students of how to safely cross roads, ride a bicycle and how to respond if approached by a stranger
• Tutor time: PSHE lessons to warn students of local concerns and how to respond if placed in a difficult situation
• Regular members of staff on patrol throughout the day
• A designated community officer who works with local agencies to support our local community
We always encourage our students to be safe and we expect our parents to do the same. Below are a few links to safety websites which parents can use to help support this message.