Welcome to MAKINO.
Ellis Guilford is part of the Connecting Classrooms.
- Partnership Project
- Run by the British Council
- Links schools in Sub-Saharan Africa with Schools in the UK
- Aims to develop students knowledge of the world and other cultures as well as encouraging environmentally friendly practices.
- Broaden international views of children
- Stop cultural stereotyping
- Develop skills to help children in global economy
- Create relationships based on mutual understanding
- Bring an international dimension to schools
Ma = Malindi (Kenya)
ki = Kicukiro (Rwanda)
no = Nottingham (England)
Makino = Dancing Together
For details of projects, trips, Images and videos, please click here.